Friday, June 24, 2011

Burger Beast

Last summer while I was pregnant I took FULL advantage and ate my favorite food A LOT...to me...nothing beats a burger. Lean ground beef, cooked medium rare with lettuce, onion, tomato. pickle, cheddar cheese, ketchup and mustard...*drool... such a delightful party in my mouth is normally joined by fries and either a diet coke or a beer...and to top it all off...who can say NO to a good shake?

This week I have been at it again...a burger kick. It all started last Saturday when after the spring concert of the Miami Gay Mens Chorus we hopped over to the Shake Shack. Shake Shack just reminds me of New York and bring a smile to my face. The burgers are solid, the fries are a good addition and the shakes make it a nice meal (though i don't think they are "la bomba atomica" of shakes).

Later this week I hit a "new" joint for burgers in Downtown Miami. I'm suppose to not say where it is, but let me tell you I don't mind telling you about it because honestly I didn't think the burger was very good...it wasn't bad, but I won't have a burger there again...
Link
Now, today....today was a GREAT burger! I went to 5 Napkin Burger . Another great NYC establishment who has found a home in Miami. It was ah-mah-zing...best part the fries and shake were ah-mah-zing too...and they had a nice beer selection. So...I had my classic "5 Napkin Burger" (pictured above) with Tuscan fries, a Blue Moon and then I split a cookies n' cream milkshake...ummm yeah. (say it with me in your best Oprah voice) Soooo good!!
Probably one of the other best parts of my burger eating experience was my friend T (you may remember her from this post), the therapist who is 9.5 months prego calling vaginas "self cleaning ovens" as she slurped her milkshake.

This weekend I will also be trying the BGR: Burger Joint on Miracle Mile in Coral Gables...I'll tell you how it is.

...like I said...I'm on a roll!

3 comments:

  1. You are making me so hungry! Enjoy your weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So who did you like more? Shake Shack or 5 napkin? I LAUVE shake shack and 5 napkin is on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its diff....5 napkin you sit and enjoy...shake shack its in and out...

    ReplyDelete