Thursday, September 16, 2010

S is for Stiltsville


Stiltsville out on Biscayne Bay is one of Miami's quirkiest treasures. No one can really agree when the first house was built in the shallows of Biscayne Bay...some say 1922 others say it was in the early 1930's. There are seven houses left today. I've been to Stiltsville, but have never been IN a house. D has (jealous) and says it was great. Every hurricane season I pray nothing happens to the houses since they can't be rebuilt.
For the show, it was easy to make S Stiltsville. It's so great. If you are ever in Miami, look on the HistoryMiami
website to see if they are holding one of their fantastic boat tours of the area.

4 comments:

  1. I love this of Stiltsville!! it's so iconic of Miami!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this area...sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! I never knew these existed. Hope you have a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete