Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday Threads: White Wedding

Five years ago today I married my BFF, Mr. DDS. Long before we got engaged I saw this picture, and knew that would be my wedding dress. An Amsale dream come true. I was in grad school in NYC at the time I got engaged, and as soon as I could I made my appointment at Amsale to go see the dress with my own two eyes. The dress in the showroom was different...and I will say I was disappointed. It was not until the real hunt began and I landed at Saks that I found this dress...and knew, this was it. My mom did not agree...she did not want me in strapless, or with any color...she thought I would look silly...but then she saw me in it...20 minutes later, SOLD.
If I were to get married again, I would still wear this dress. I love it. I hope one day my daughter will want to wear it (highly unlikely). The only thing I would so, is ask them to put pockets in it. Would you still wear your wedding dress if you were getting married today? If you are not married, what does your dream dress look like?


Anyhow--- Happy Anniversary Sugar! Thanks for the laughs, the love, and the lunacy!

3 comments:

  1. I've ALWAYS loved that particular dress! You looked amazing in it! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! Happy Annivs. You look amazing in that photo. Love the dress.

    I would wear mine... if I had to. I do still think it's pretty, but I don't think I really knew what I wanted. Now. I absolutely do. Same body shape as yours, WITH pockets and one of those super sparkly sashy things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! You looked gorgeous in that dress and I love the touches of blue. Have a great wknd! xo

    ReplyDelete