Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I Wish I Wish I Wish...

The premise behind artist, Rivane Neuenschwander's I Wish Your Wish installation is that you write a wish down on a piece of paper (don't share), roll it up and go find a my wish on a ribbon you like. Take that ribbon and replace it with your written wish. You then take that ribbon and tie it with 3 knots on your wrist--- do not take the ribbon off...it must fall off in order to come true.


I took 3 ribbons...

1. I wish my daughter many happy birthdays
2. I wish for health, wealth and happiness for my family
3. I wish to be skinny

Ok so 2 out of 3 are lovely and the other is more for fun... there was one that said something like, " I wish I was the captain of a pirate ship that flies in the sky"... maybe I'll go back for that one.

So if you are in Miami--- stop by the Miami Art Museum to make a wish (or 2...or 6) for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. A fabulous installation I love it and all of the color. The idea behind the work of art is wonderful!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete