Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Shake Shack hits Miami Beach


Most of you know that I LOVE burgers. My last meal would be a burger with fries and either a diet coke or a Shiner Bock...which takes us to The Shake Shack...
Last summer I had my first Shake Shack experience while in NYC. It was perfect...a perfectly sized burger with crinkle fried (salted just right) and a to die for vanilla milkshake.
Today, I went out to Miami Beach for lunch with my friend Myrna...we were going to go to Epicure for our favorite tuna salad on wheat... but then I remembered...
The Shake Shack JUST had its soft opening last week to rave reviews and today was the grand opening! Bazinga...there we went. Oh...how lovely it was...the single cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, onion and pickles...ketchup and mustard... small fries with a side of ketchup and mustard and a LARGE lemonade (it is after all 92 degrees and Baby C is diggin' the lemonade these days). It was perfect...perfect..perfect. $10 later... I was a happy as a clam. I did not get a shake, simply because I get full easily these days and knew I would not have room...but next time, I'll skip the lemonade and get one.
So...all you Miami kids, I highly recommend you get to the Shake Shack...hopefully with enough traffic, they'll move off the Beach and open one on the mainland.
By the way... I think this is what my baby will look like at the Shake Shack one day...

4 comments:

  1. Having been twice now, I tried both a plain burger and a Shack Burger, which includes their Shake Shack Sauce. The sauce is mayo-based, but the ingredients are secret. It was good, but not an essential part of the experience. All of the other condiments—lettuce, tomato, bun—were tasty. The bun was plain, but a perfect compliment for the flavorful burger. So glad to have it here in South Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pregnancy makes me love burgers and milkshakes. I desire your meal. Instead I'm eating some grapes...lame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous and my mouth is watering. I'm going to be in NYC for my cousin's engagement party in September and I'm going to hit up the Shack then. Until then I'll be jealous of you!! Last time I had SS I got a cookies and cream milkshake that was to die for. I wanted to stop and get another one and Drs. M wouldn't let me. BOOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds perfect, very jealous of this!

    ReplyDelete