Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Gables Grad...1996

In 1993 I started my sophomore year at Coral Gables Senior High. Over the course of three years, I made life long friends...friends I still talk to to this day...friends who are like family to me.

The class of 1996 is full of wonderful people, fond memories, and the teachers who instructed me are still a part of who I am.

Although today tragedy struck the halls of my lovely Alma Mater...I know that good memories over ride bad memories there...

Memories like sitting in the main courtyard for lunch under a tree with friends...going to Spanish lit class with Mrs. Verazain in the portables...or sitting in the science wing listening to Mr. Frick talk about his boat in AP Bio....

"Are you from Gables, I said from Gables where friendly halls meet up with our (something) You see our colors, I said our colors, Coral Gables Crimson and Grey. Are you from 103 or 301 or 409, anywhere inside the Coral Gables line, are you from Gables, I said from Gables, cause I'm from Gables too...."

No comments:

Post a Comment