Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday Threads: That Chicago League Girl

Last night I was at the Junior League meeting and one of our transfers walked by, we'll call her CLG---as she did I said my fashion forward friend, I love what she has on! My friend said to me, "She's from Chicago"...and I said, "Yeah I know". So I have said it before, and I will say it again...I love to see what people wear and asking them where they got it, or sifting through my mental closet to piece a similar look with pieces I already own. Luckily...this is one case where I have all but one element of the look...and that one element were her shoes, which for the sake of this blog post I am changing to the ones I would have paired up...not that I didn't like hers...I really did, but I haven't been able to find them online.
This pink scarf is currently online at Nordstroms online for $18. CLG had one similar to this on minus the fringe.
Old Navy does it again with this find. CLG had on an emerald shirt similar to this one. This one is online and on sale at Old Navy.
These jeans are perfect from J.Crew. These white skinny jeans are $98. CLG had on cuffed ones that were more clam digger in length.
Finally the Minnetonka Moc. I love these...I've been obsessed with getting a pair since my week stay at Singleton in the Kitchen's house in DC a few summers ago. Last night CLG had on a similar pair, minus the beading in a cream color.

5 comments:

  1. Very cute outfit I love the Minnetonka Mocs with it! Interesting..I am wearing winter white cords today.

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cute scarf can make anything look good! Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. I almost bought a hot pink one with grey giraffes on it today...had to stop myself.

      Delete
  3. That scarf is uber pretty...and what a deal!

    ReplyDelete