Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Miami Art Week- Bakehouse Art Complex Party

Monday afternoon, my dear friend Chris (and Fairy Godfather to Chechi) called and invited me to the Bakehouse Party that night. I had no plans to go to any Art Basel events this year because of the baby...but I caved...and once I decided to go to this event, I started looking for tickets to Art Basel's Vernissage (tonight) and Art Miami (last night--but we're going tomorrow).
There were a few artists I really liked. Chris is admiring the robots made by Mike Rivamonte. You can look at his work at www.mrivamonte.com

Another artist I enjoyed was Lynne Libby, who's husband is Father Libby of St. Christopher's on Key Biscayne. She draws her inspiration from living on Key Biscayne. Beautiful work! She's had her studio at the Bakehouse for over 20 years! www.picturetrail.com/lynnelibby


This piece just made me laugh...there's a golden cock on it...how could you not like it?

Gerry Stecca works in clothes pins and makes the most amazing pieces! Here are this bird houses...but you can see a bowl in the lower right hand corner. www.gerrystecca.com

Here is a view down at the crowd from a balcony studio. The Bakehouse use to be home to the Holsom Bakery.
So...that was my first night out for Miami Art Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment