Sunday, April 25, 2010

Awards!

I want to thank Summer in Newport for giving me the Honest Scrap Award. I haven't been sketching a lot recently because I've been really distracted...so this is perfect!

Here are the rules. Write 10 things about yourself and then pass it along...

1. I have about 4 projects that I have started and have not finished because I have been far too distracted recently. I need to just get them done...take one Sunday and sit in my living room with the tivo going and paint, paint,paint...

2. This thing that has been distracting me is going to be out in the open this week and I can't wait to get it off my chest because I am so excited about this secret! Eeeeek! I can barely stand it!

3. Our house is going on the market and we have to pack up some things to get it into show ready quality! I can't wait for it to find new owners because it means that we can move onto the next phase of our home life...which I hope we will be able to live in for longer than our average of 4 years. I'm such a planner and I like to put plans on paper and then go go go!

4. I gave Maggie (our 9 yr. old Golden Retriever) a bath today for the first time in far too long...and I won't be giving her another one in a while...D's going to have to handle that because it is such a chore! First the bath, then some laps around the block for air dry time before we move onto the blow dryer brush out...and she is still damp. She's worth it though...

5. I'm co-chairing an auction this fall and I really need to get some new and exciting auction items for it this year...less is more though. I also want to make sure that the event feels different enough from last year but is just as much fun. I'm so glad that my co-chair is a professional events planner!!

6. I found my new favorite pants yesterday at Target. I think I will be living in them on the weekends for some time to come. They are really wonderful...

7. I've been wearing my glasses on the weekends lately...but am irked that I can't find my prescription sunglasses. They are cute and were expensive...so I am irked that I can't find them.

8. We just became members of Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, and I am so excited about going there on the weekends to enjoy the sites and smells. Especially when it gets cool in the fall...

9. I'm heading out to lunch with my BFF in a little bit and I am so excited to see her and her baby! He's the sweetest boy, and although he is 6 months old, this big boy is wearing 12 mos! Hoorah!!

10. This is going to be a big week for me....and I can't wait for it to get going!! So...I think I will stop now because everything I really want to write about it all about my unveil...

So I will pass this along to some bloggers who I really enjoy reading...

Singleton in the Kitchen

Stylestance

The Kauffman Chronicles

Social Climbers

OK!.... Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks poodle. I'll get on this. I love these types of tags-but I'm so boring I want to be sure I have a good list. xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. I'm honored! And congrats on your new little bundle my friend :)

    ReplyDelete