Sunday, August 16, 2009

Nessie...I think I love you...

So I have been painting all weekend long (only taking breaks for meals and socializing occasionally). One of the paintings I finished was a spur of the moment topic.
Nessie...you know...the Loch Ness Monster. Now...I know that Nessie doesn't have the spikes traditionally...but to me she does.

So here is the progress of Nessie.

First I selected a size and sketched her out. I did consult with my art critic who thought I should make her a triptych...but instead I made her
fit all in one canvas.

Then I started painting her....one layer at a time she started to come together.

I did finish her...but I've decided to keep her under wraps until she hangs on the wall at Books & Books in the Gables next month.

Along with Nessie, I painted another Mermaid...Double Banyons...5 Little Piggies and a request from earlier this summer which I blogged about, Los Pollitos Dicen-Pio,Pio,Pio.

I hope you are enjoying the progress of my summer painting list.

...and I hope you will come out in September on Gallery Night in Coral Gables and see the paintings live and in living color.

As usual...thanks for the support! I'll have 5 more paintings by the end of next weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Nessie. What a cute name for a monster. Of course, he looks more like a friendly monster, doesn't he? That's what I choose to believe. Sorry I've been so haphazard with commenting. It's my last session with the devil children, and then I am blissfully back in school. Although, this does mean the end of summer. Sadness. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete