Sunday, July 12, 2009

Road Trip Saturday...

So yesterday D and I had a crazy day. We woke up at 8am and drove from Miami to Melbourne, for my friend Marshall's wedding. J. Marshall and I met at Bank Street College when we were getting our MS Ed's in Leadership in Museum Education.

So in 2.5 hours (suppose to be 3...3.5) D and I made it to Melbourne as the bride was walking into the historic Episcopal chapel they were married in.

After the wedding, we headed 40 minutes west to Orlando to visit our friend Jeff who just bought a house. After an early dinner...we headed back to Miami. It was a very exhausting day...but a lot of fun and I am really glad we had a mini-road trip.



Today was another busy day though...breakfast with the family in the morning at the Riv, and then church...followed by lunch with the communications committee at Le Bouchon du Grove...which was SO MUCH FUN! Free mimosas...a lively crowd, good music and great food! I highly recommend it. After lunch I made it out to Key Biscayne to beach it with mom for a bit before having dinner with friends.
A busy weekend...this girl needs a nap.
Tomorrow I am going to be mailing out Hillary's "H" and sketching out the secret commission...but I also have to start addressing the invitations to the 4 baby showers I am helping host next month.
Will it ever end? ... no...I know it won't...but that's good--busy is good. Busy is usually a healthy balance of work, family and friends...and that is the stuff memories are made of...and this weekend...LOTS of memories made!

1 comment:

  1. You have so many social events. So much fun. Thanks for sharing.

    Cheers, Elvira.

    ReplyDelete