Thursday, July 2, 2009

Blue Crab


So, I grew up spending the majority of my weekends on the beaches of Key Biscayne. I am a beach girl...though I stay under and umbrella and wear an SPF 50 hat and put on SPF 45...I love the beach. I love the smell of it, the feel of it, the sound of it...everything.
I think that is why I like to paint beachy things...from sea grape trees to crabs and starfish.
This is my latest crab, the blue crab. He is a land crab...but he's a crab.
When I first sketched this little dude, I though that I would put him on a light blue background...then, after coloring his blue body I realized how much better he would look on a bold background...hence the red.
Here he is...the Blue Crab...who may or may not be a part of the summer painting list...which will begin production this Sunday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment