Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thursday Threads: Art Basel Vernissage Edition

Last night was the VIP Opening Night of Art Basel Miami Beach, otherwise known as, Vernissage. This 10th instalment of Vernissage was far more crowded, and actually smaller than years past. As usual, my gaggle and I played the "If money and space were no object what art would you buy" game. Here were some of my favorites, though I will say there were a few Frank Stellas...a Calder mobile...and a Donald Judd I saw out of the corner of my eye which I could not get a picture of to show you. Abracadabra! Who would not want this in their home?! It's fantastic! LOVE!

I thought these lanterns were so pretty. They look like cut paper...so delicate. I can only imagine the shadows it makes on the walls. Stunning. Behind them you might see a blue prism thing...that was the coolest!...Below you will see a picture of what I look like from one end of it...

See! Isn't that neat? It also sounded like a megaphone. I found a few of my friends futzing around with their cameras at the blue prism. Love interactive art! Speaking of interactive art...


Have you met Wills? We're recently engaged. I know what you are thinking, isn't he married? No...he left her for me as you can plainly see. Took his mamas ring with him and ran into my arms. Seriously, isn't this amazing? I want this in my house. This is currently my Facebook profile picture.

Not all of the art was warm...some was just fuzzy. I like to call this attack of the stuffed animals...I would be lying if I told you I knew who did this...but I think Nikki Menage, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry know the artist. I was a little frightened by it.


"There is nothing to worry about" was just one of the messages these LEDs were scrolling from bottom up. I really liked the glow they gave off. Nice.


Finally, one of Mr. cSd's favorites...the Warhol wallpaper. Mooooooooo!


It was a fun night...and I did run into fab blogger and dear friend, Kristin Pearce last night--- also ran into a lot of my museum friends.


As far as Art Basel is concerned, it keeps my calendar buzzing all weekend. Today I went to the Miami Art Museum's brunch preview of the performance art piece by Rashaad Newsome, which will be performed at their POP party tonight (which I will be going to). Tomorrow there will be plenty more art to "buy" in our game. As I told my dear friend last night--- I've already spent a few million euros. I only work in euros at Basel".

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had fun!

    http://www.hsquaredfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete