Monday, April 9, 2012

Music Monday: Talented Gentlemen

Hello Monday! I hope you all had a nice weekend and enjoyed the holidays (if you celebrate them). We made the most of the egg hunt and made out like bandits courtesy of our 17 month old egg collector!
So this weekend wasn't just about eggs, family and pastel colored frocks. I also got to download some music... here are some of this weeks recommendations for you to add to your play lists...
For a few years now I have really enjoyed the music and lyrics of Death Cab for Cutie. One of their newer songs is called "I Will Follow You into the Dark" it's such a pretty song, sweet and simple. It has their ever recognizable sound that tends to stay with you all day.


Mayer Hawthorne sounds like he's stuck in the 1960's which is really fantastic! His single "The Walk" reminds me of an old Motown tune. If you miss Amy Winehouse's 60's like vocal stylings, I recommend you check out Mayer Hawthorne.

I first heard The Shins on the Garden State soundtrack. Their latest single "Simple Song" is fantastic and has a unique sound that is all their own. The video is pretty funny too!
So those are this weeks tunes. I hope you have a great start to your week. I am going to be traveling to Portland on Wednesday---so I will do my best to keep in touch...but I may not be able to.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment