Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Three oh Three is the Magic Number

Today is our 3 year anniversary. Although we've been together for 8 years, there is something special about your wedding anniversary. I thought today I would share with you some of my favorite images from that special night in 2006.


These were some of our favors. The theme was a tropical beach with shades of blue. The maracas and hats were all made by hand in Nicaragua.

This is how our place cards were displayed. Among coral in bamboo mats from Nicaragua.


The tables were all set in shades of blue with tropical flowers on top. The tables were named for special places that D and I had been to. At each setting there was a photograph of the place and each lady had a special hand addressed gift at their setting. A hand made domed candle holder in the shape of a church and village from Nicaragua.


Going up and down the steps to the County Club Ballroom were large vessels filled with sand and candles. It was a beautiful touch.

Family members all looked up pictures of themselves in our guestbook and signed next to their image. It was a labor of love to put the picture guestbook together, but since I love taking pictures it was only natural.


This is one of my favorite pictures of us. We did the untraditional and took pictures before the ceremony--which was one of the best things I've ever done.



Here I am with all my bridesmaids and flower girl. I love my gals and though you can't tell, their dresses were the opposite of mine-- blue with white band and mine was like Maya's with a blue band.



Here I am with my colorful House Party who made me smile all day long in their coral colored dresses. I really wanted to take pictures at untraditional places at the Biltmore Hotel.




Here's my handsome beau with his groomsmen and ushers on the Biltmore Golf Course.

250 family and friends filled St. Philip's Episcopal Church for our nuptuals.


This is a picture I really wanted...being an avid reader of Hola magazine. I wanted a picture of the entire family. We took this after the ceremony, only one small branch of the family was missing.

Our first kiss as man and wife!




Our first dance was again...untraditional. D and I can really dance, so we cut a rug to Carlos Vives, Fruta Fresca. A fast upbeat song...that we both love but had never danced to before.


I can still taste the Rum Cake by Edda


My blue hydrangea bouquet and our wedding bands. D's is titanium...mine is a simple platinum band.


Following tradition--- we took shots of Bushmills Black Label with all of our friends. Slainte!


Lots of dancing all night long in the Country Club Ballroom-- everything from salsa to 80's, 90's and today...some disco...honestly something for everyone.



And if you got tired of the music--you could step outside to the other bar and enjoy the night air on the Biltmore Golf Course with friends and family.





The party went til 1:30am...and it kept going after we left the Country Club Ballroom. Our friend Jeff hosted a fantastic after party. D and I were fortunate enough to stay in the famed Everglades Suite, a.k.a. the Al Capone Suite. Click on the link for a picture of it. We actually bumped President Clinton from the suite for the night.


All in all it was the most magical weekend of my life, as we really made a full weekend of it. I will always look back on our wedding weekend with great joy.

2 comments: