Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Jesstica the Majestica, This is Your Day!

It all started in August of 1996. We were freshman at SMU--both not the biggest fans of math...but big fans of Tag Heure timepieces...she was sitting 2 people away from me,
"Nice watch" I said showing her that I was wearing the same one. "Oh, yeah!" she said...and the rest is history. From that day on we shopped together, went to class together, pledged the same sorority and remain to this day besties. I do adore my Jess and today is her special day.
We won't say how old we are...but I will say that we do not act our age and are quite proud of it.
Jess not only has great taste, she is bright, witty and a big museum loving food eatin' vino drinking girl like me! She is by faaaaaaarrrr one of my favorite people on this planet!

Jess also happens to write a FAB blog called,
Singleton in the Kitchen. She doesn't like to share this...but I do because she is genius and I look forward to reading about her adventures in the kitchen.

A few summers ago I spent a week with J in DC while she was getting her (2nd) Masters at Georgetown (did I mention she's bright?!). It is one of the most memorable weeks in my life. We romped up and down the mall, through Georgetown and everywhere in between from early morning to dinner time! That week I did some Jess inspired sketches and I don't think I have ever shared them...so I am sharing them today.

Now, Jess is getting "MAWIED" this fall to a tall, dark and handsome dream come true named, Dudley. So, I know that part of my wedding gift will be a painting for their home....and since today is YOUR BIRFDAY...you get to officially commission your wedding painting Ms. J!

It doesn't have to be one of the original sketches...it can be anything you want. You tell me. If you need to discuss with Doodlee...that's totally fine. ...but it is your birthday!

So my dearest Jesstica the Majestica I love and adore you!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!





















1 comment:

  1. Awww, Ceci-me, I heart you. Thank you for the super sweet post! You are the bestest a girl could wish for. Oh, and how excited am I about commissioning a CSD objet d'arte? Wayyyyy excited!

    ReplyDelete